30 July, 2010

Cover Songs

So, when I put up this blog & my website I was primarily concerned with using them as promotional tools for my original music. However, I am looking to make some money playing music since I'm not working and to do that I'll need to play covers. A lot of them. I'm OK with this. I like playing covers. I think it helps you to learn & grow as a musician & writer playing other people's music. Songs that you know have succeeded in doing what you hope your own songs will do, captivate an audience. So I've been working on cover songs quite a bit, both solo and with another singer/guitarist to work as a duo. One thing that I've realized is that I need more songs and I especially need more uptempo songs. As an acoustic artist playing solo I've always found it difficult to come up with both original and cover songs that are uptempo. I miss the drums mostly. But, it must be done so, I'm trying. If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here are some new cover songs that I've been working on.

Jump - Van Halen
Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day
So Happy Together - The Turtles
Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles
Just What I Needed - The Cars
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
Panic Switch - Silversun Pickups
Inside Out - Eve 6

5 comments:

  1. I think "Handfull of Rain" by Savatage would be a awesome cover to do plus it would be a awesome intro song in a dark club and bring lights up slow until the kick of first verse. Gerard

    ReplyDelete
  2. also "Voodoo Child" Jimi Hendrix Gerard

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about some seals and crofts? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that counts as anonymous Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. actually was thinking of some Sofa Kings stuff> Ill think of some other stuff

    ReplyDelete